What's new

HTPC-can't see all of desktop on HDTV (1 Viewer)

kerry_albert

Auditioning
Hi All,
I just started setting up my HTPC. I am starting out with lower hardware to make sure I like it before I go with the BIG BUKS$$ stuff.
Got a P4 2.6 with 1GB RAM. RelTek Audio 6 channel output. Just got an ATI Radeon 9600SE w/ DVI-I output. Also have a Hithaci 57" HDTV. When I have the PC connected to the TV via DVI, I can not see all of the desktop. It cuts off the startbar at the bottom and about that much all the way around.
Any ideas would help.

Thanks in advance

Kerry, Maryland

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
You might also want to download and install powerstrip. Powerstrip can set up custom screen resolutions to match your display device which will result in much cleaner looking images.

PS for lower end hardware that's fairly impressive gear:D

KylePete

Stunt Coordinator
I believe overscan cuts off the edges of the image that is being displayed. As far as I know, all TV's have overscan...computer monitors do not. I was "told" that overscan was originally introduced to make sure the entire TV screen is full of the image. Someone please correct me if this is wrong.

Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks