What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Strange Brew" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Erensto,

It's available on the album "Great White North." If your local record store doesn't carry it, you can find copies on Ebay for pretty decent prices.

Regards,

D

BradG

Stunt Coordinator
It would've been classic if they had done something similar with the DVD that they did with their LP. On the LP, they explained that they were in stereo, so one of them would speak into the left and the other into the right. On the DVD, they could've gone all around the room - this would've been great and allowed you to ensure your setup was operating well.

Oh well, I think I'll go cook up some backbacon.

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
Good Day! Like, I got the DVD eh?, and there was a mouse inside, and his claws scratched the disk eh?; so you have to give me free DVD's for life. Take Off!
A definite buy :emoji_thumbsup: I would have killed for a BOB & Doug commentary though.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
SOLD.

Bob: This movie was shot in 3-B! 3 Beers and it looks good, eh?

Bob: You okay, hoser?
Doug: (Imitating Darth Vader) I am your father Luke! Give into the dark side of the force, you knob!
Bob: He saw Jedi 17 times, eh?

[SCENE ONE - A t.v. stage]

[MGM lion belches]

Bob
Hey, growl will you?

Doug
Make some noise, you knob!

Bob
Yeah, we gotta start the movie, eh? He's not growling.

Doug
Gee, I think he's bummed out.

Bob
Stick a pin in his bum, eh?

Doug
No way.

Bob
[to lion] What are you on, Valium?

Doug
Maybe I ought crank his tail, eh, that ought to start him up. [cranks
lion's tail] Ok, start up, come on, eh!

Bob
Maybe we ought to call Marlin Perkins, eh? Get Wild Kingdom here, eh?
Oh geez, he's getting mad.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Ron,

Great review. However, you neglected to mention that the plot of this film is loosely based on HAMLET.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well, I suppose it could happen that sales of this "cheap" version would be good enough to imply that a market is there for a more enhanced version.

But then you might have to pay the actors for the commentaries or something. Always keep that in mind now. Even just 1 year ago DVD extras were wide open, but now that DVD is huge and extras are a big part of that, the TALENT realizes that they might be up for a slice of the DVD pie too when it comes to doing extras.

But we did just get nice improvements in Unforgiven, Singin in the Rain, Amadeus, True Romance and Cuckoo's Nest. Glass half-full.

Daniel J

Stunt Coordinator
Well, it's not all bad, eh? There's still a chance for one of them there whatnot specials editions when that HD-DVD get to canada, eh? They could, like, use this movie as the "killer app" and stuf like that. You know, showing off how good a restoration they can do, eh? Just think how many extras they could fit on a big disc like that, eh?

That there Rob Gardiner guy was the only one who got the point of the movie! All that literature stuff is lost on most of you Americans, eh?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Never seen it. Will acquire DVD based on rabid fanboy quoting that has gone on at this thread.
It better be funny. ;)
GCM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks