What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time May 2019 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504-jpeg.56493

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these April Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first! 
Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.
screen-shot-2019-03-15-at-5-20-27-am-png.56494

BABY THE RAIN MUST FALL (1965) BLU-RAY — May 21
BANDOLERO! (1968) BLU-RAY — May 21
MORITURI [aka THE SABOTEUR: CODE NAME MORITURI] (1965) BLU-RAY — May 21
WARLOCK (1959) BLU-RAY — May 21 [4K Restoration]

Continue reading...

Attachments

• post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 346
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 5.20.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 5.20.27 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 271
Last edited by a moderator:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I'm definitely in for Baby the Rain Must Fall. I already have the German Blu-ray of Warlock, so I won't be double-dipping on that. The other two I've never seen, so I'll have to do some research to decide.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'm in for Bandolero and Warlock. My DVDs for Morituri and Baby The Rain Must Fall will do me just fine as I'm not particularly enamored of them.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jackpot! I'm hoping to purchase all four of these titles. I've been patiently waiting on Warlock for years to be released on Region A Blu-ray, and Bandolero! is another western that I own on Blu-ray from Germany, but plan on upgrading depending on bonus material. The other two titles will be nice upgrades from my DVDs.

Last edited:

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
An outstanding announcement. I am in for both westerns and Moritui.
Between Criterion and Twilights announcements today leads to great viewing for film buffs.

Reactions: PMF

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I don't own any of these movies on disc and am eager now to add them to the collection Thanks, Twilight Time!

Reactions: PMF

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
One of the last things Nick Redman said to me via a chat was that TT did have Warlock, and Happy Birthday too :) but I kept it to myself because I'm not one of those go viral with information types.
I will be adding Warlock to my TT shelf , and replacing the import ..
Ive seen Bandolero, thought it was okay/good
The other two Im not too intimate with

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Jackpot! I'm hoping to purchase all four of these titles. I've been patiently waiting on Warlock for years to be released on Region A Blu-ray, and Bandolero! is another western that I own on Blu-ray from Germany, but plan on upgrading depending on bonus material. The other two titles will be nice upgrades from my DVDs.

Crawdaddy,

That is quite a cast.

Think I will enjoy this film?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One of the last things Nick Redman said to me via a chat was that TT did have Warlock, and Happy Birthday too :) but I kept it to myself because I'm not one of those go viral with information types.
I will be adding Warlock to my TT shelf , and replacing the import ..
Ive seen Bandolero, thought it was okay/good
The other two Im not too intimate with
Nick ensure me too that "Warlock" will be coming from them after the 4K transfer was completed. God, I miss him as I would have loved to listen to him and Julie talking about this film and its underlying themes. Nick's passing is a loss to all film buffs.:emoji_sob:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
WARLOCK (1959) BLU-RAY -- May 21 [4K Restoration]

This is a fantastic western and the new restoration/transfer will likely be amazing. If you like westerns this is one not to miss. The three leads Fonda, Quinn, and Widmark, are wonderful in this. This is one of the "adult" westerns in that it is complex and intelligently written. Seriously, if you like classic westerns this is a great one.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This is a fantastic western and the new restoration/transfer will likely be amazing. If you like westerns this is one not to miss. The three leads Fonda, Quinn, and Widmark, are wonderful in this. This is one of the "adult" westerns in that it is complex and intelligently written. Seriously, if you like classic westerns this is great one.
This! I would like to do a double feature viewing of this fine film along with another Fonda western "The Tin Star".

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
It was all very confusing to me as a kid.
All the grown-ups were talking about "Barabbas" and "Barbarella" and "Bandolero"; and I came to believe that they were all the same film; that is, until, I was lucky enough to be taken to the theater to see the latter. Looking forward to seeing it afresh, after so many decades.:)

Being a cinematography buff, this month's announcements are covering all four of my bases with works from DP's Ernest Laszlo (Baby the Rain Must Fall), William H. Clothier (Bandolero!), Joseph MacDonald (The Saboteur) and Conrad L. Hall (Warlock).:thumbs-up-smiley:

Twilight Time has given us a fantastic line-up for May.:popcorn:

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
At first glance and based on comments here, Warlock sounds interesting. I'd have to do more research on the others.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Finally Warlock!! Day one purchase!

Now, hoping for future TT releases of:
- Moontide
- Cluny Brown
- A Royal Scandal
- I was a male war bride
- People Will talk
- Monkey Business
- No way out
- The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit
- A Hatful of Rain
- Teenage Rebel
- Fraulein

All with their new 4k restoration transfers.

And any Fox musicals, specially the one with Alice Faye and Betty Grable

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks