What's new

HT vets,im ordering a ht, is this a pretty good setup? (1 Viewer)

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
i have a sony xbr 32 inch tv,and im through with htib systems,and i live in a condo,what do you guys/gals think about what i have picked out.denon avr-1802 rec.,paradigm titans for fronts,paradigm cc-170 center,para. micro rears(lack of rear room),para.pdr10 sub.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Sounds like a good start Shane... I love Paradigm, and feel you can't go wrong with any of their speakers.... Beware though, the more you hang out around here, you will get the Upgrade BUG!! :D
I agree with Andrew Pratt, If you could stretch it to the Mini MOnitors you would be gaining better drivers, and a more solid enclosure....

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
shane you'd have to ask your dealer about the price of the mini's. The titans are decent but do suffer from a 60 hZ bump that I find objectionable.

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
I "think" that the Micros use spring clips instead of binding posts, this being true, do you think you'll have room for the Atoms?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I completely agree with Andrew on the Titans vs the Minis. HOWEVER, if they are set to small, which they should be, the "hump" is very much reduced or eliminated. The Minis are quite a bit better than the Titans, though they are also quite a bit more expensive.
Actually, I would strongly recommend Axiom M3Tis over the Titans. They perform as well as the Minis and cost only a little more than the Titans - $250 blemished, and the VP100 center is basically the same price as the CC170 here
Always ask your dealer and check around for blemished items, I just picked up some basically perfect Monitor 5s for $250, that is more than 50% off and less than I paid for my Minis.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I would definitely look into Axiom speakers. I just got a pair of M3Ti's and they are significantly better than the mini monitors. They outshine the mini's in the midrange and highs. They lack in the bass department, but that doesn't really matter because of a sub.

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
well i gave the monitors a listen now ive changed to mini monitor fronts,cc370 center,and i moved my titans to the rear.thanks guys for all the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks