What's new

hsu vtf2 vs paradigm pw2200 (1 Viewer)

Dwayne*s

Auditioning
I am trying to decide between these two subs to go with my Paradigm Studio 60 v2 fronts and 20 v2 rears. Has anyone compared the two or have any thoughts? I will be listening to both rock/pop music and movies. Thanks

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
After conversion taxes, brokerage and shipping a VTF2 will cost you pretty much the same. In that case I'd take the PW2200.

The reason to consider the VTF2 is for the guys in the states where it will be significantly cheaper than a PW2200 (states PW2200 price puts you in the SVS PCi price range).

You may also want to look around for the Mirage BPS400. It's the other sub $1000CDN sub worth considering.

My only other suggestion would be DIY. If you can build a box or cut the endcaps for a sonotube you can build a sub that will kick the crap out of a PW2200 for less than $800CDN. There is also an Adire dealer in BC now, so getting the driver and amp will be easy.

DavidY

Supporting Actor
I have read that some Canadians have been able to get the PW2200 for as low as CDN$700-$750 before taxes.
Try contacting Creative Sound, Canada's Adire Audio distributor/dealer. http://www.creativesound.ca
The Adire Rava (oak or black finish) goes for CDN$677 plus taxes and shipping if applicable. I am sure that they can give you a quote on the Adire Dharman....it's a special order though.
Dave

Dwayne*s

Auditioning
I actually live on the US side of the border (barely) so the prices of the 2 subs would be almost equal. So at the same price which would you suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks