What's new

Hsu ASW1202 woofer for DIY? (1 Viewer)

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Are any of you guys using this Hsu driver in DIY designs? I have a TN1220 that I believe uses the older 1201 driver. Has their been any significant improvements or changes to the drivers parameters in the new 1202.

Also, is the ASW1202 the same driver used in the TN1220 and VTF-3. I know it states it's used in the automotive version which uses a small 1.5 ft^3 sealed enclosure.

I am thinking I may be able to fit 1 or 2 sonotubes under an adjacent stairwell and vent the front of the woofers into the room. I'd rather not have big subs dominating this room. I'm guessing the space used as an IB will not work well as I'm sure the stairs and a closet door will leak like h*ll.

The other candidate would be the Adire Tempest but I have no experience with it. I already know I like the Hsu for movies and it integrates well for music.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Do you have the T/S parameters?

The Tempest would not fit into your "not have big subs dominating this room".

Pete

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Jack Gilvey ran some rough models of the Hsu driver in this thread:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...=&pagenumber=2
Not sure how accurate they are. Jack??
I have not ruled out the Tempest. I believe I can hide the tubes under the stairwell and have the drivers mounted in between the studs facing into the room with tubes under the stairs. I wouldn't really have to finish the sonotubes since they would be hidden. The 15" Tempest may be more difficult to fit between the studs and the volume at 214L probably will not fit. The Hsu with 12" at 110L sounds doable but I have not done the volume numbers to see what size sonotube fits best - maybe 14" diameter??
Gil

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Not sure what you mean by "accurate", they're just models for a specific comparison. I believe I input the parameters correctly, so the described alignments should be pretty close, but in-room response in another story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks