What's new

How's the picture quality on NAD dvd players? (1 Viewer)

Vincent_S

Second Unit
Will be going this weekend to look for new DVD player. Right now the Denon 2200 is looking good. Should I even bother looking at NAD dvd players?

Leland Mitchell

Auditioning
You won't get any better picture from the Nad player. What I would look at would be button design on the remote and face of component. You didn't say what denon your looking at but I have the 1815 and the picture is great. I do have to say that the remote is very cheap looking and the buttons are small.They used to have problems with the subtitles coming on inadvertantly during a movie but not sure if the newer ones still do that.

Leo

Second Unit
Vincent_S, I have the 2200 and can recommend it as a great univeral player. I don't use the remote much (the glo buttons are nice) because I have everything programmed into a Pronto remote. But as a DVD player the PQ is excellent using the Silicon Image chip. Also it has an 80Hz cutoff which works great for Bass Management. Don't know if you're into SACD or DVD-Audio yet, but with this player it's an added bonus. Let me know if you have any questions about the 2200.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
Right now my main concern is picture quality. I am going tomorrow(Sunday) afternoon to check out this player and maybe a Rotel. Not into SACD or DVD-Audio right now but it's nice to have for the future. Thanks for the replies guys!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks