What's new

How much have satellite companies hurt cable companies? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was driving home the other day and noticed how many people have satellite dishes on their roofs. On my street alone. Over half the houses have dishes. I have to wonder how much this is hurting the cable companies?

BrianAe

Second Unit
I think it's the other way around. The improvement in cable with more channels, digital cable, and now HD TV, along with broadband through cable, have stopped the success of the satellites. In my town house complex there are 44 homes and I'd say 80% have cable, some people have nothing, and only 1 guy has a dish.

I guess it depends on how good your local cable is but I think its an uphill battle for the satellite services.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
2 years ago I switched from cable to satellite. 2 months ago I switched back to cable because of the better HD package they offered, so I would agree with BrianAe. However, as soon as the satellite providers get a better HD package, that includes local channels, I will be switching back. Satellite does have a much nicer picture on non HD channels than cable in my area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks