What's new

How loud is your Xbox? (1 Viewer)

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
I'm just curious about how loud the fan is. I purchased my Xbox a few days ago and the system seemed really quiet. However, now the volume of the fan seems to have gotten louder than normal. I'm playing from about 13ft away from the unit. Is it just me or should I exchange it?

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
I've had my Xbox since Feb. 1st and haven't had the problem you describe. In fact my Xbox runs pretty quiet.

Brion

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Sounds about like the average PC to me. You can hear it from a few feet away, but away from that, it's hard to hear while playing games.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
It's loud enough to make it useless for watching a DVD on it, IMO. Mike is right, with games it works just fine, same as a PC. Maybe a little bit quieter than my PC.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
On-Axis (0°) ±2dB from 54Hz - 22kHz :D
oh, that's frequency response!

Oscar_R

Second Unit
Think of it this way, it a reassurance everything's working. "Can't hear it, must be time to reboot."

Jim Can

Stunt Coordinator
Mine is a little loud. It is louder with certain games. I think some noise is normal, if it seems bad I would exchange it. I can hear my fan running from a few feet away, and sometime it seems to vibrate slightly. It plays flawlessly though, so that is the main thing I guess.

Brian Girard

Agent
The fan is rather quiet on mine. Though I have it in my entertainment center and I sit about ten feet away. I do hear the DVD drive seeking on games though.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Mine has a high pitched whine that is pretty annoying when quiet parts of movies play.

Other guys I've asked at work have the same story.

Chris_Anders

Stunt Coordinator
I never even hear it while I watch movies or play games. Not once in the months that I've had it. Well, maybe thats because I have it tured up so loud! hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks