how is the Harman Kardon FL 8380 CD player?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Rich Moorehead, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Rich Moorehead

i just purchased the HK3475 Stereo receiver and i need a cd player. i was looking at this one but i noticed it has only a 1-volt output. how will this affect performance? anyone have experience? thanks guys

2. JohnSer

JohnSer Stunt Coordinator

I have a refurb 8380 plugged into a refurb 3470, and the output level is fine. It seems higher than the FM level. I also had it hooked up, for a short time to my 520, through the front panel analog inputs, and didn't notice any issue with low input level.
    I have only had it for about a month, but haven't had any issues. Sound wise, its seems to be slightly better than the Sony 335 player I have. The refurb 8380 has more light scratches than I would like. Such is having a used unit with a lexan front, with an item that has to be manualy handled.

JohnS

3. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Second Unit

Gleaning through various internet reviews it seems that the 8380 has some ergonomic and reliability problems, but the sound is supposed to be good. I am tempted to get one anyway. They are only $100 refurb from harmanaudio.com!

Mark

4. JohnSer

JohnSer Stunt Coordinator

Mark,

They must of just dropped their price. They were $128 only a few weeks ago. I have seen some get bid up to $130+ recently ???? on their Ebay store.

JohnS