What's new

How is "All My Children" shot? (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
So I've been home this week doing a bunch of painting, crown molding and other kinds of fun and I happen to pass by the TV which I left on from the noon news and I caught the first 5 minutes of "All My Children". Does anyone know how they shoot this? It had a much different look than what I remember soaps looking like.

The show had a much more "film look" about it. It didn't look like the brightly lit videotaped shows that I remember. They were also making use of hand held cameras. What kind of process is used? I assume they are still using videotape because film would be very expensive. Is this the norm for soap these days or does AMC shoot things differently? Just curious.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
They switched a couple months ago to the new 'style' and I believe HD. You should have seen it when they first did the switch. It was 'half and half' and looked incredibly funny. Guess there was a lot of experimenting going on trying to figure out what they wanted to do. Not all their ideas were good ones. :)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I checked on our HD-set and it was not in widescreen. Still, I appreciated the "new look". Too bad I gave up on soaps in the mid 80's. Yeah, I was there for Luke and Laura and the weather machine on GH!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
We don't have HD at the office so was never able to check. I just figured since, like you mentioned, it looks a lot more 'filmlike'. They definitely had to of changed cameras at least.

It's usually just on in the background, haven't followed the story much. :)

Edit: Looks like they just changed their video process to give it that 'film' look. And to add to the style, they got some steadicams.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks