What's new

How I solved my low LFE problem with the XA2! (1 Viewer)

Norris

Stunt Coordinator
FWIW, here's what I did:

From within the XA2 speaker menu, I put the sub at the max volume of 0 dB, and leave all other speakers (small) at the minimum of -12 dB. So, the difference here is 12 dB.

Then, from the receiver speaker adjust menu, I leave all speakers (small) at 0 dB, and jack up the sub level to the max of 10 dB. Here the difference is 10 dB.

Batman Begins HD is now rocking awesome, like it should be. And the sub is NOT too loud when listening to different sources, because the receiver allows me to customize speaker settings for each source.

Hope this can help somebody enjoy their XA2 better. My firmware version is still 1.0 btw.

Thomas W

Agent
Thank you Norris. I'm getting my X-A2 delivered tomorrow and I will also be using the 5.1 analog connection to my receiver. Your experience will save me some headaches and frustration.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This concept has been around for years since many universal (DVD-A/SACD) players have a similar issue when playing hires audio back.

Norris

Stunt Coordinator
This whole issue is confusing. I've read posts by people who have low LFE with analogs, with HDMI, and others claim they don't have the problem. I'm just glad that I found a solution to get acceptable sound to my ears.

Flemming.K

Stunt Coordinator
Yep! I have the XA2 (XE1) and firmware 1.3. I use HDMI and I have low audio and low LFE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks