What's new

How does your receiver turn on remote amps? (1 Viewer)

Larry Boyd

Auditioning
I am receiving a new Sony DA3ES receiver from JandR. In the future I want to use an old Proton D540 in bridged mode to drive an SVS subwoofer. I want this external amp to turn on when I power up my receiver. I need a surge protector so I thought I would plan for the future. I've look around and the cheapest thing I can find with remote power switching or delayed turn for amps is the Monster Cable HTS2500 which is close to $200. What are the other options?

Joseph_Mikhail

Stunt Coordinator
My amp has two choices. It has a music sense that will detect an audio signal which will cause it to come out of stand-by mode. The other is a 30-volt remote trigger from the receiver. Some receivers don't offer this option.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Goto www.sears.com and search for "autoswitch".
It's an outlet strip that senses when power is applied to the main outlet and turns on two other outlets. Only $20. Useful for amps that don't have 12volt triggers.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
The Sears autoswitch works great and its only $20.

Earle

Larry Boyd

Auditioning
Thanks guys! You saved me a bundle. Now Maybe I'll pick up those Outlaw interconnects I've been eyeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks