What's new

How do I keep New posts labeled as such? (1 Viewer)

John Giddens

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having trouble with the new post staying labeled as a new post. I generally open a subsection of the forum in a new window, and the new window would continue to track when the last time I logged in for me so I would know what post were new. Now with vBulletin it will only do this for a few subsections, then it will start showing all the post as no new post. Do I need to start navigating the forum with a different method?

Gui A

Supporting Actor
That also happens when I reply to a post. (All my New posts become old posts).

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Sorry guys. The way that this software is written for you to notice new posts, after replying to a message, etc., you have to get off the board and get back on as these identicators are based on your last online time. Your online time doesn't change into you get off the board and back on it again.

Parker

John Giddens

Stunt Coordinator
As it turns out, I needed a new method for browsing the board. For anyone having the same problem I'll detail my new method, otherwise just ignore my little rant that follows.

#1. Open up the HTF. I'll refer to this window as the original window.

#2. Then left click select the first forum subsection you want to read, I don't open it in a new window anymore.

#3. Then for every new post you want to read open it in a new window with a right click. If there's a post you want to reply to or you want to start a new thread in a subsection wait till your done reading the whole HTF, unless you want the new post since your last visit to revert to those blasted yellow envelopes.

#4. If there's more than one page of new post for a particular subsection click on Go to Page: 2 at the bottom of the original window and proceed to open the new post on page 2 into new windows with a right click. Proceed to Go to Page: 3 to infinity if necessary.

#5. When done with the first subsection use the Forum Jump: at the top or bottom of the page still using the original window and proceed to the next subsection you want to read.

Repeat steps 3-5 as necessary. If you've got too many new window's open at the same time, you may at any time, interrupt steps 3-5 to read the new post you've opened and close them.

If I've left out any details, or skipped any steps, please reply. Especially if you've got a solution to a mistake. And by all means if this method is flawed in it's efficiency please let me know some other methods.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks