What's new

How do Adire and Stryke Drivers compare? (1 Viewer)

Brian Bowles

Second Unit
If you were making a sub which would you pic and why? I know Adire makes quality drivers but I am not familiar with Stryke. Thanks!!! I was just curious. After going to the site, I noticed it has not been updated in a long time. June 2001? hmmmmmm

Wes Nance

Stunt Coordinator
I've been trying to make the same decision for a 12" driver.

The Shiva and SAE 1204 are pretty similar, the 1204 has a cast aluminum basket, and binding posts, which looked pretty convenient, and goes for $109 as opposed to $125 for the Shiva.

After talking with John at Stryke, I decided to go off the beaten path and get the SAE 1204, and also 2 of his b stock 15" passive radiators ($25 each!) and I'm building his Thunder 12.3 design, pretty similar to the new sub that Jack is posting about in another thread- except he used the Dayton DVC 12" driver- I think the PR's are pretty similar.

Look at his preliminary #'s- it looks like a heck of a sub for the money. . . .

I'm starting my project the first week of Feb, so I'll post my progress then. It's my first DIY speaker project, so I have quite a learning curve, but I'm excited.

Good luck-

Wes

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Brian, which specific ones do you mean? You won't find a bad driver on either site, but each has it's application.

Dan Wesnor

Second Unit
I have to Stryke SAL-SB10's and a Shiva. The build quality of the Stryke is much higher, but then it also costs 40% more. The Shiva is very good. The Stryke is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks