How do Adire and Stryke Drivers compare?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Bowles, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Brian Bowles

Brian Bowles Second Unit

If you were making a sub which would you pic and why? I know Adire makes quality drivers but I am not familiar with Stryke. Thanks!!! I was just curious. After going to the site, I noticed it has not been updated in a long time. June 2001? hmmmmmm

2. Julian Data

Julian Data Second Unit

Major differences: IMHO

Adire: price, efficiency

Stryke: Xmax, smaller enclosure

3. Wes Nance

Wes Nance Stunt Coordinator

I've been trying to make the same decision for a 12" driver.

The Shiva and SAE 1204 are pretty similar, the 1204 has a cast aluminum basket, and binding posts, which looked pretty convenient, and goes for $109 as opposed to $125 for the Shiva.

After talking with John at Stryke, I decided to go off the beaten path and get the SAE 1204, and also 2 of his b stock 15" passive radiators ($25 each!) and I'm building his Thunder 12.3 design, pretty similar to the new sub that Jack is posting about in another thread- except he used the Dayton DVC 12" driver- I think the PR's are pretty similar.

Look at his preliminary #'s- it looks like a heck of a sub for the money. . . .

I'm starting my project the first week of Feb, so I'll post my progress then. It's my first DIY speaker project, so I have quite a learning curve, but I'm excited.

Good luck-

Wes

4. Dan Wesnor

Dan Wesnor Second Unit

I have to Stryke SAL-SB10's and a Shiva. The build quality of the Stryke is much higher, but then it also costs 40% more. The Shiva is very good. The Stryke is excellent.