What's new

How do a few episodes of a given TV show become public domain while the rest is not? (1 Viewer)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Phil Silvers' ended his first sitcom after 4 years because he was burned out from it -- he had most of the lines and kept the show moving along expertly and at a fast pace, so that's understandable. That was mentioned by either Mickey Freeman or Larry Storch in one of the audio commentaries on the 50th anniversary set.

I'd still love to see The New Phil Silvers Show from the 1963 to 64 season, but that remains unsyndicated.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Is there a list somewhere of known public domain TV shows?

How exactly did that wacky machine in the commercial play into the series?

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

I'm not sure that a comprehensive published list exists. However, you could go to some of the companies that specialize in public domain material and look at their catalog holdings to get a general idea of what's available. One such company that I'm aware of is Desert Island Films and the link below will take you to their TV catalog.

http://www.desertislandfilms.com/cgi...unction=Search

Some shows may have just an episode or two in the PD while others may be completely in the PD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks