What's new

How can I configure MSN Messenger 6.2 to use Firefox as my default browser? (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I switched to Firefox last month, and haven't looked back. I love this browser like you wouldn't believe. Yesterday I added the NeedleSearch bar, and have been wondering how I ever go along without it :)

However... Even though Firefox is set as my default browser, MSN Messenger still uses IE whenever I click an email alert or try to email a contact straight from the Messenger window. Is this at all customizable, or am I stuck?

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
I have the same problem, Ricardo. I have been using Opera for a while, and have it set as my default browser. When I click links in conversations, they open in Opera, but email related things open in IE.

Short of going through the program code (something which i have no idea how to do) and rewriting it, I think we're pretty much stuck with them opening in IE.

What do you expect anyways, a Microsoft program has to have the Microsoft essentials, as much as you hate them to.

JohnHa

Agent
Get Trillian. It is a 3rd party app that replaces MSN, AIM, ICQ, and Yahoo! messengers. It combines all the chat clients into one easy to use interface, and it's free (and it's not ad-ware).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alain A.
Recent bookmarks