What's new

How are the quality of Farscape and Buffy on Other Regions compared to Region 1? (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Im thinking of getting a multi region player to pick up Farscape, Buffy, Xena and some other stuff which isnt out yet in Region 1. For example is the quality of The Farscape dvd's in 1 the same as region 2 i believe it is? Or should i just wait it out What are your opinions?

Capt

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Farscape - I haven't seen the quality of the R1 Farscape discs, but the R2 version are fantastic. The extras aren' too bad either - for the first season they interview each of the actors about their characted, and then they started putting on some deleted scenes for the second series as well.
The third series starts being released next month (there are 4-5 episodes per release) and I have heard the 4th season will be widescreen as well.
If you want to see what they look like, and what episodes are on each one, hit the link below, because I have them :)
Buffy - Series 1 and 2 quality wise have the same limitations as the R1 version - there is little, if any difference between them. Series 3 is a major improvement, and Season 4 is scheduled for May, and should be widescreen. No advantage is quality for the R2 version - they just come out quicker.
Angel - I would wait for the R1 version because the R2 first season is 4x3, and I think this will change for the R1. That said, season 2 is due April/March, and from what I have heard, it should be widescreen.
Other series due are Ally McBeal, and the West Wing in March and April, and I have heard suggestions that ER will be coming out shortly (they just released the first 2 series on video).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Farscape's commentaries are exclusive to R1, and there are more of them coming in season 2.

The disc quality is about the same, both brilliant. Buffy Season 1 is improved over it's UK Counterpart, but not too much. You might as well watch the repeats on FX until Season 2 comes out, it's only 3 months

Remember, you will need an HTPC, a Malata, or a Skyworth to view PAL DVDs

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Ok thanks guys. Im still undecided but gives me something to think about

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They're fantastic. Ben Browder and Claudia Black are probably the best pairing (recorded together), Virginia Hey , Brian Henson does one, and I believe Rockne O'Bannon and Anthony Simcoe have as well. There are 8 commentaries for Season 1, on discs 1,2,3, and from what I hear, 11

Jeff Kleist

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks