What's new

Hooked up my Parasound 1500a which yielded HUM (1 Viewer)

Dan Brodin

Stunt Coordinator
I just hooked up my Parasound 1500a amp today and as soon as I flicked the switch there was a horrible hum which only got louder when I turned my preamp on. I tried the cheater plug on the amp and that eliminated the hum completely, although I don't want to continue using the cheater plug for obvious reasons. I think I have isolated my problem to the coax line coming into my house for the DSS. I did try connecting my DSS receiver to other wall outlets and removed the DSS receiver from the surge supressor and still got the hum. Basically I disconnected everything from my DSS receiver and the hum only goes away when I disconnect the coax cable from the DSS receiver. Now as far as grounding goes the satellite is grounded to a pipe in the basement. I can't use a hum elimator that others use to get rid of hum on cable setups in my DSS setup, correct? I just thought I would ask you guys to see if you agree I have a grounding issue somewhere along the line in the DSS or if I need to look elsewhere.

-Dan

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
What about a line conditioner that you can pass the coax line through as well. When I first plugged my soundstream amp in there was a bad hum. I plugged it into my panamax 1000+ and no hum.

Marc

Dan Brodin

Stunt Coordinator
Sadly I have no Panamax to plug it into :frowning:
Altho perhaps that will be a worthwhile upgrade.
-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks