What's new

Homicide Life on the Street full season on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Any plans for this? That was one of my favorite shows on television. I would be more excited about this than I was when I heard the Simpsons were coming to DVD. If not could we start a petition because I love that show. :)

-MikeRM

Auditioning
Fully agreed. As a resident of Baltimore, I still remember happening on location shoots, and was always thrilled to see familiar spots show up on the screen.

And yes, even without the local ties, I'd still love the show.

I hope the industry's paying attention, 'cause I'd be among the first to buy the sets.

Best

Mike

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone remember how long the first two seasons were? I think it was a midseason replacement, so the first season had maybe 12 or less? And I seem to remember the second season only having 4-6 episodes.

This show did turn out to be one of my all time favorites!

-Ric

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
I hope this makes it as well, my favorite tv show by far. Would even settle for the final movie on dvd (for now) :)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah second season was only about 4 shows including one with a terriffic performance from guest star Robin Williams.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
Yeah, the first two seasons are only 13 or so episodes combined. That would make a *great* set, and one I'd buy without hesitation. This is the best network TV show of all time, and the first two seasons are just jaw-droppingly good.

This is actually owned by NBC. The finale movie was released on DVD by Trimark, I believe.

Of course, I'd buy *all* the seasons without hesitation, but first thing's first...

Ryan

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Doh, I got called on spelling lol. I plan to buy the movie, but the season sets would be the holy grail. I remember them advertising that reruns would be on court tv, I should find that locally to start watching it again. Unfortunately I came in at the end of the show so I have never seen the first two or three seasons. One of my favorites was the 2-3 that Steve Buscemi were in.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
This series had alot of great moments...

My favorite was when Mike Kellerman blew away drug lord Luther Mahoney. I shot up to my feet and cheered! Of course that one act was the beginning of Kellerman's final downfall.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I had the misfortune of falling in love with this series after three seasons only to be reassigned overseas for the remainder. I would buy the whole series in a snap. As Leonard Wolf once said on "Sunday Morning"..."The best show never to win an Emmy".

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
My favorite live-action TV show of all-time by far. Nothing else even comes close.
I was gonna say I'd run out and buy season sets the day they came out, but I wouldn't have to cause my dad would probably beat me to it.:D
BTW, welcome to the forum MikeRM. Always good to see another fellow Baltimorean here. I share your thoughts on the show's local ties. Every time we eat out in Canton, we drive past the old Homcide building and all lament for the loss of such a great show.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
The two part finale of season six, which involved Bayliss being shot down and Pembleton retiring, was one of the best season finales I've ever seen.

While season 7 was by the worst season, it was still better then 90% of the cop shows out there at their best.

If I'm not mistaken, the previously mentioned season six finale was also shot in widescreen.

With seasons 1, 2 and 3 being so short, I think this may work in the show's favour to have it brought to the DVD format. Here's hoping somebody at NBC is listening.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I think they really ruined the character of Kellerman on the show, he was a great partner for Lewis and then they brought in this Mahoney stuff and it was way too overwrought. They also destroyed Baliss's character. I'm not a homophobe and don't mind gay characters, but his bi-sexuality came out of nowhere and played more for sensationalism then for anything else. They had some great eps but when they lost the emotional center of the show Anre Braugher it was pretty much over, in fact the show really jumped the shark after Braugher character's stroke. But they had some great eps, remember the ep with Vincent D'onfrio trapped under the subway train? Or the ep with the serial killing twins? Great stuff and in the 1st 3 years it was great because it concentrated on the homicide Dept cases, the names on the Board, speaking for the Dead etc. When it was threatened with cancellation numerous times they eventually tried to NYP Blue the show by getting into the characters sex lives, bad decision. And then finally they destroyed the show with the horrific Jon Seda and his equally horriffic Falzone character, in earlier times the Detectives would've slapped that little punk down for the weasel he was.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I know the Bayliss stuff came out of left field, but what really bothered me was what finally happened to Bayliss. In the movie, wasn't he going to turn himself in for killing that.. what was it... a child molester/murderer? I can't really remember, but I think it was partially fueled with him never solving the Adeena Watson case.

Anyway, it was a sad ending for a character I really liked. The show was really at it's best when Bayliss and Pembleton were teamed up.

-Ric

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
The deal with Bayliss was, I think back in season six or seven, there was this guy who would kidnap women, then torture and kill them on a live internet broadcast. They caught him, but he got off on a technicality. He then told Bayliss that he was going to New Orleans to kill more women, so Bayliss shot him in a back alley somewhere, in the series finale actually. That was the murder he was talking about in the movie.

BTW, it is just me, or is the final scene of the movie, "Rest in peace, it says what it means," one of the most chilling and beautiful scenes ever put on a screen?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks