What's new

Home Theatre- 5.1 Speakers- Athena LS-300 based surround sound (1 Viewer)

John Sack

Auditioning
I am looking at installing home theatre as part of basement build out. Looking at Athena LS-300 and Athena LS-C50 center channel and LS-50 book shelf speaker. I have been listening to Klipsch 5.5 floor speakers for years with a similar Klipsch center channel without full surround sound.

Should I expect similar quality sound from the Athena floor speakers as the Klipsch 5.5.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I haven't heard the Klipsch 5.5's but I have auditioned the LS-300's and I bet they wouldn't be as bright as the 5.5's, with their horn loaded tweeter, probably are. The LS-300's also only have one mid-bass driver so that would hurt the comparison. Athena's are real good speakers for the price But I would think those older Klipsch's would be a bit better. But again, I'm just guessing.

The biggest problem I see with your plan is the LS-C50 center. It's a bit small to pare it with towers. I'd suggest the LSC-100.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks