What's new

Home Theater Seating Question (1 Viewer)

Rich Corle

Stunt Coordinator
When I sit down to watch movies on my home theater, I'm backed up against a wall, literally. Now, sitting on my bed next to a wall while watching my movies makes my sub kinda "ring" my ears and sound heavier than normal. Is there anything I can do about this? My home theater is nicely placed, despite me sitting on my bed. My bed is at a nice couch like heigth with my rears mounted to the walls on each side of me and my bed is in the direct center of my TV, center channel and two fronts. Anyway, what can I do?

RichardH

Supporting Actor
It's just a matter of nodes and anti-nodes in the room. While the sub's playing, move around the room, and you should hear areas that are higher in bass, as well as areas that seem to really lack bass.

It's just physics at work; you could readjust your sub's volume level to suit your bed position if you like.

Rich Corle

Stunt Coordinator
Well, that's the problem, I don't know exactly what it should sound like. Should Independence Day sound incredibly out of control like it's shaking your whole house?

Rich Corle

Stunt Coordinator
How much is an SLP meter? And where's the cheapest place to get one? Online or just Radioshack?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Rich,

Am I misreading time stamps or did you just post, wait 20 minutes and post again asking for a reply (and it seems you've done this a few times)? I would suggest that you let the post go for more than 20 minutes before demanding an answer. Certainly is more polite, and will probably result in people being far more willing to help you.

-Vince

RichardH

Supporting Actor
You can get an SPL meter at RadioShack for $35-$40. It's definitely worth it.

Use music to set subwoofer levels, in addition to the SPL meter, if you get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks