Home theater debut

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Ganesh, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Ganesh

Ganesh Agent

I'm in the process of setting up my first HT system. Have bought a Denon 2803 and awaiting my Aperion 5.1 speakers to be delivered. When I checked out the 2803, it was connected to Boston Acoustics VR-M60 bookshelf's and PV1000 sub. And it was just absoultely amazing, both for music and movies! Of course, I'm just beginning my HT shopping and I haven't auditioned very many speakers yet (maybe everthing will sound great to me right now!), but I was just wondering how do these speakers compare with the Axioms, Aperions and the Rockets? I know the Boston Acoustics speaker set is significantly more expensive than the others I've mentioned (may be upto twice the price, I think), but if we ignore the price point for this discussion.

2. Craig

Craig Second Unit

Boston Acoustics seem to get overlooked. I had a pair (floorstanding, forget the model number) at the top of my list of direct radiating speakers when I was HT shopping. I ended up with Mirage OM10s because I liked the open sound of bipolar speakers slightly better, but Boston Acoustics are defintitely good speakers.

3. Michael Burnett

Michael Burnett Auditioning

Ganesh,

I don't see much talk about the Bostons, but I finally took the serious plunge a few months ago and settled in on a 3803 and BA VR-M series all around (VR-M60's in front, VR-M50's in the back, VR-MC as center and the PV-800 sub). Honestly I couldn't be happier. They sound great for video and audio. The WAF (wife approval factor) is high due to size and looks.

I spent more $$ than I planned (who hasn't :b) The BA's haven't disappointed me in the least - it was well worth it.

If you are like me, eventually you'll have listened to more speakers than you thought you would and it'll be time to take action. What sounds good to you? What can you afford? That's the right answer!

4. Martice

Martice Screenwriter