What's new

Home theater debut (1 Viewer)

Ganesh

Agent
I'm in the process of setting up my first HT system. Have bought a Denon 2803 and awaiting my Aperion 5.1 speakers to be delivered. When I checked out the 2803, it was connected to Boston Acoustics VR-M60 bookshelf's and PV1000 sub. And it was just absoultely amazing, both for music and movies! Of course, I'm just beginning my HT shopping and I haven't auditioned very many speakers yet (maybe everthing will sound great to me right now!), but I was just wondering how do these speakers compare with the Axioms, Aperions and the Rockets? I know the Boston Acoustics speaker set is significantly more expensive than the others I've mentioned (may be upto twice the price, I think), but if we ignore the price point for this discussion.

Craig

Second Unit
Boston Acoustics seem to get overlooked. I had a pair (floorstanding, forget the model number) at the top of my list of direct radiating speakers when I was HT shopping. I ended up with Mirage OM10s because I liked the open sound of bipolar speakers slightly better, but Boston Acoustics are defintitely good speakers.

Michael Burnett

Auditioning
Ganesh,

I don't see much talk about the Bostons, but I finally took the serious plunge a few months ago and settled in on a 3803 and BA VR-M series all around (VR-M60's in front, VR-M50's in the back, VR-MC as center and the PV-800 sub). Honestly I couldn't be happier. They sound great for video and audio. The WAF (wife approval factor) is high due to size and looks.

I spent more $$ than I planned (who hasn't :b) The BA's haven't disappointed me in the least - it was well worth it.

If you are like me, eventually you'll have listened to more speakers than you thought you would and it'll be time to take action. What sounds good to you? What can you afford? That's the right answer!

Martice

Screenwriter
was just wondering how do these speakers compare with the Axioms, Aperions and the Rockets?
Well Ganesh, I don't think anyone could give you a definitive answer unless they did a side by side comparison or they have owned all of the above speakers at one time or another. Although some may say that they like their particular brand of speaker, it really doesn't go far when it comes to your ears. All of the above speakers are well built (for the price) so it really comes down to your system and room and how they sound to you.

Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks