What's new

Home, Home at last!!! See Ya LA! (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
On Monday I packed up the car and moved out of Beverly...well Long Beach to be exact. I have been commuting the 400 miles from San Francisco to Los Angeles for the past 18 months; 48 RT trip flights last year alone and it's great to be home.
I moved out of my rented room and back to my house in the City.

No more $59 Chinese HTIB!!!!

And a thanks to Zen for helping me find a place in LB and everyone else on the forum who made my life a little bit less hellish.
I managed to get to the La Brea Tar Pits before I left which is pretty cool if you have a few hours free in downtown LA but generally it took me that long to get to it with the traffic.

Since living in Northern California for more than 25 years, I have been periodically going down to LA to see friends etc.
but never noticed the traffic as bad .....not even close as the past couple years.
Unlike San Francisco which is compact to the point walking is easy; LA is so spread out and has no real central city center not driving is impossible. I never got to see many of my old friends because of 'traffic'
So close but yet so far.
Nice to be home and see the fog again!
Grant

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
LA has the potential to be the best city in the USA, too bad the traffic and smog makes everything so hard.

Glad you're enjoying you're new place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks