HMV not stocking Warner's titles

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jagan Seshadri, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Jagan Seshadri

Jagan Seshadri Supporting Actor

This is from an article in the Globe and Mail newspaper, regarding the HMV stores in Canada.
    "HMV, has refused to stock Warner Music merchandise, including the (Red Hot Chili) Peppers, until the label agrees to new wholesale terms"
    (Source Link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...s_temp/2/2/14/ )
    -JNS

2. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

Odd... This has been going on since about a month before the Peppers album came out... Globe and Mail is kinda late to the news. (reads article... it's more about the peppers than the wholesale issue)...
    Here's an article with a bit more information on this issue: link
    It's an odd situation, really. HMV has some of the highest prices in town, so I usually shop elsewhere.

3. Keith Paynter

Keith Paynter Screenwriter

"trying to increase their profit margin"?

They are the most expensive retail chain in Canada. Why do they need more profit at our expense?

4. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

Hell, the other day I stopped by the local HMV, looking for two albums, a Downchild Blues band collection, and Michelle Branch's debut.

No Michelle, told them I didn't need to hear that they were still in a pissing contest with the labels. It's not like they all don't make enough money already...

So I walked down the Mall to the Music world, bought the two titles I was looking for, plus a new copy of the Blues Brother's soundtrack (my original 12" is scratched, and the tape wore out), a Collection of Blues Brothers, a Blue Note Jazz sampler, and the Blue Crush OST.

From about $40 purchase to $140. To bad HMV....

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

I can't afford to shop at HMV so this won't have any effect on me.

6. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

I'd be happier if they were trying to get these better prices so they can pass them on to the consumers, but I really doubt that will ever happen.