What's new

HMV not stocking Warner's titles (1 Viewer)

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Odd... This has been going on since about a month before the Peppers album came out... Globe and Mail is kinda late to the news. (reads article... it's more about the peppers than the wholesale issue)...
Here's an article with a bit more information on this issue: link
It's an odd situation, really. HMV has some of the highest prices in town, so I usually shop elsewhere.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
"trying to increase their profit margin"?

They are the most expensive retail chain in Canada. Why do they need more profit at our expense?

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Hell, the other day I stopped by the local HMV, looking for two albums, a Downchild Blues band collection, and Michelle Branch's debut.

No Michelle, told them I didn't need to hear that they were still in a pissing contest with the labels. It's not like they all don't make enough money already...

So I walked down the Mall to the Music world, bought the two titles I was looking for, plus a new copy of the Blues Brother's soundtrack (my original 12" is scratched, and the tape wore out), a Collection of Blues Brothers, a Blue Note Jazz sampler, and the Blue Crush OST.

From about $40 purchase to $140. To bad HMV....

Gui A

Supporting Actor
I'd be happier if they were trying to get these better prices so they can pass them on to the consumers, but I really doubt that will ever happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks