What's new

HK AVR235 vs AVR335 (1 Viewer)

Vincent T.

Auditioning
Hello folks, first thread here, I tried to search in the forum and i didn't find my answer. I've been looking for those 2 receivers to match my Klipsch RF-35, most likely, next year I'll get the RC-35/RS-25 that's why I need a HT receiver. I've been very pleased with the sound quality of those receiver and I can't afford anything more expensive (still a student). From what I've been able to see
AVR235
Stereo Mode : 65watts
HT mode : 7 x 50watts

AVR335
Stereo Mode : 70watts
HT mode : 7 x 55watts

Is it me or I wont hear any differences by getting the AVR335?? I'm not really sure if the others differences are important for me (more connectivity & multizone capability?? (whats that))

I also noticed on the back picture of the AVR335 that it has a fan, would it be better to get that model because of that? Will it prevent any "overheating". Let's see what you guys can tell me!

Thank you!!

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I have the AVR 635 and a Klipsch F3/C3/B3 rig in a small bedroom - basically the same speakers you have (in terms of sens. and such).

I honestly wish I had some more power, so I would get the biggest/best you can get, as you put down some serious coin for speakers.

I really like the receiver, a bit quirky, but when it gets down to business (listening!!!), it is fansastic. Clean sound, MASSIVE dynamics (the Klipsch help this also!), etc.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'll echo what Kenneth said. Get the most you can afford, it'll keep you from needing to upgrade sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks