HK AVR 325 $599 at JandR

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DanielN, Nov 5, 2002.

1. DanielN

DanielN Stunt Coordinator

Wht do you all think? Good price? Also how does it compare to the Sony STR-DA4ES which is about $40 more from Crazy Eddie. The Sony has more power but from what I read here in the forum, wattage doesnt matter sometimes. I just want a good receiver to pair up with a JBL N28/38 + NSP1 7.1 package that I will be purchasing.

Thanks in advance.

2. Chriss M

Chriss M Second Unit

personally i would take the older 520 for $560 from onecall over the 325 for $599.

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Why even mess with Crazie Eddie? After hearing about them selling Denon receivers with the serial number scraped off of them, I still have a sour taste in my mouth.

If you're looking for a Sony STR-DA4ES, vendors such as Onecall, Oade Brothers, J and R and Sammans have been pointed out as being quite reliable - and authorized to sell the Sony gear. Plus, I'm sure the 4 vendors listed would probably be able to beat Crazie Eddie's shipped price on the 4ES by about $25.00. Keep in mind that Crazie Eddie charges about $45.00 shipping on the 4ES - but, it's a 44 Lb. receiver which equates to about 55 Lbs. when properly packed for shipping.

4. Chris Drenner

daniel,
    you can get the avr 325 on costco.com for 549$ and if you have a circuit city near you...not sure if you do...you can price match it there and not pay shipping

5. Eric Wood

Eric Wood Stunt Coordinator

I got the 520 for $520 at Ubid (refurbished/1 year warranty)...my machine has been running 12hrs a day for 3 mos without a problem!!!
    A hell of a deal. Saving for the AKSA nirvana 3x100watt DIY amplifier from the land down under.[​IMG]

6. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

It's really not a lot of time before the AVR520 falls below the $500 mark. You may want to consider something like that.