What's new

HK AVR 325 $599 at JandR (1 Viewer)

DanielN

Stunt Coordinator
Wht do you all think? Good price? Also how does it compare to the Sony STR-DA4ES which is about $40 more from Crazy Eddie. The Sony has more power but from what I read here in the forum, wattage doesnt matter sometimes. I just want a good receiver to pair up with a JBL N28/38 + NSP1 7.1 package that I will be purchasing.

Thanks in advance.

Chriss M

Second Unit
personally i would take the older 520 for $560 from onecall over the 325 for $599.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Why even mess with Crazie Eddie? After hearing about them selling Denon receivers with the serial number scraped off of them, I still have a sour taste in my mouth.

If you're looking for a Sony STR-DA4ES, vendors such as Onecall, Oade Brothers, J and R and Sammans have been pointed out as being quite reliable - and authorized to sell the Sony gear. Plus, I'm sure the 4 vendors listed would probably be able to beat Crazie Eddie's shipped price on the 4ES by about $25.00. Keep in mind that Crazie Eddie charges about $45.00 shipping on the 4ES - but, it's a 44 Lb. receiver which equates to about 55 Lbs. when properly packed for shipping.

daniel,
you can get the avr 325 on costco.com for 549$ and if you have a circuit city near you...not sure if you do...you can price match it there and not pay shipping

Eric Wood

Stunt Coordinator
I got the 520 for $520 at Ubid (refurbished/1 year warranty)...my machine has been running 12hrs a day for 3 mos without a problem!!!
A hell of a deal. Saving for the AKSA nirvana 3x100watt DIY amplifier from the land down under.:emoji_thumbsup:

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
It's really not a lot of time before the AVR520 falls below the $500 mark. You may want to consider something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks