What's new

HK 7200 in Circuit City vs JandR (1 Viewer)

kumar

Stunt Coordinator
Hi All,

I was checking at the prices of HK 7200 online.

Circuit City quotes them for 1600 USD.
Where as JandR, One Call, Amazon quotes it for 999 USD.
They are all authorized dealers according to HK website. Why is there a price difference? Could it be refurbished?
Assuming that they are New and US Warranty etc... would Circuit City beat their price? ( 600 bucks?)

plus, I see lot of discussions in the forum, regarding Denon 3802/3 deals in 6th ave etc... I don't think 6ave is an authorized dealer of Denon products. How come you guys buy their? What is the risk that you are taking?
Please enlighten this newbie :b

Thanks
Kumar

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Most Brick & Morter stores won't price match an e-tailer's price. This is going for $999 at many other e-tailers. It's possible CC might lower the price soon.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Kumar,

6th Avenue electronics IS an authorized Denon Dealer. They're actually authorized for HK too. 6th Ave is listed on the HK brick and mortar list and I've called to verify they are authorized for online sales and they are.

That 3802/3 is a very sweet deal. I'm thinking of recommending it to a friend.

The HK 7200 can be had for $865 +shipping at soundcity.com and $925.06 incl shipping at 6ave.com. If you want a digital receiver the HK DPR 1001 is $521 at Soundcity. Good deals are definitely out there at authorized etailers.

Circuit City can't come close to matching those deals, but if they can by all means buy locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks