What's new

Hitahci 43UWX10B PIP ? (1 Viewer)

Christo

Agent
I am having my 42UWX delivered Thur and was wondering about how to setup the PIP upon its arrival.
My cousin has a 47 MITSU and it has kind of a "passthrough" that lets him use his cable box and still get PIP.
Is this the same on the 43UWX??
If not, how can I get PIP working with a cable box?
Hitachi jackpack:
udx_fdx_uwx_jackpack.jpg

Jerry C

Grip
The 43UWX10B lets you pick the video input for the PIP by using the PIP Channel button on the remote. Consequently, you can combine video from any two sources on the screen at the same time. I have my cable signal run through a 2-way splitter. One lead runs directly into the Antenna A coax input, and the other runs to my cable box. I run the RCA jacks from the cable box into Input 1, the jacks (component video) from my DVD player into Input 4, and the jacks (component video) from my HDTV receiver (which is connected to an OTA antenna) into Input 5. Using the PIP and PIP Channel buttons on the remote, I can then choose any combinations of Antenna A, Vid 1, 4, and 5 in the PIP windows. Usually, however, I'm just using Antenna A and Vid 1.

Hope this helps.

Christo

Agent
Cool!

That's what I figured

So basically I have to split my cable signal, and then I lose the ability to have a premium channel on and in PIP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks