What's new

High-end SACD players shown at CES. (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
A number of high-end SACD players have been displayed at CES, including units from MSB, Bel Canto, Lindeman, Music Hall, and Shanling. This is according to highfidelityreview.com. The most down to earth player of the lot is the Music Hall MMF CD-50, which will list for $1495. It will offer upsampling of CDs and playback of stereo SACD tracks (apparently, no multi-channel SACD playback). The MMF CD-50 is expected to be out in March.
The Shanling SCD-7200 will be a tube player and will list for $2695. It will be out in February.
Here is link to the information on high-end SACD players at CES:
http://www.highfidelityreview.com/ne...umber=11156768

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the information and the link Keith. Hope all is well...

Charles

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Charles,
No problem. All is well here. Busy with the wedding and all, but all is well. Hope all is well with you too.
Lee,
I should have figured you would post about this. ;) I love the look of that Shanling player, though the Music Hall unit with upsampling of CDs could be somewhat of a high-end bargain.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Music Hall unit with upsampling of CDs could be somewhat of a high-end bargain.
I met Roy Hall a couple times via Chesky. He is one nice guy and has great ears and an eye for a bargain.
This leads to a nice collection of value equipment that gives up little in the way of sonics.
There are some very good people out there looking out for us people who cannot afford $20K speakers.
I only wish I could get more consumers away from "midfi" brands and into the good stuff at every price point.
:)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
James, highfidelityreview.com stated that Sony would not be showing any new SACD hardware at CES. Sony supposedly will be announcing new hardware later in the year, though there was no mention of what types of components might be coming (e.g., DVD or no DVD).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks