What's new

High Def SAT Question (1 Viewer)

Marv

Stunt Coordinator
I have coaxial cable run throughout my house. I currently use an antenna to get HD(digital) signal through the coax in my house to my tv. Do any of the Dish Or Directv receivers have the capablity to output a HD digital signal through the coax outputs on the back of the receiver? I want to use the existing coax in my house to get a digital signal from the sat box to a tv in another room. Or is there a converter box that could take a HDMI input signal and convert it to a Digital RF output signal on say channel 69 so the tuner in my HDTV could then decode it like it does now with my antenna setup? Running a long HDMI cable from the sat box to the remote tv is not an option.

Thanks,

Marv

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Dish network receivers cannot output HD via a coax output. I don't know about DTV but I assume they are the same. As far as I know, there are no HDMI to coax converters.

Marv

Stunt Coordinator

dfeller

Auditioning
Real Name
David Feller
There are very few things that modulate HD onto Coax at this point - the ZeeVee device is the cheapest currently available. We (disclaimer as I'm mentioning the company I work for) Bocs, will be releasing a much cheaper version next year. Currently most people use clearQAM which may or may not be on all your TVs. Next generation is in-home ATSC.
If you can live with DVD quality, you can, in fact use an NTSC modulator although I'd strongly recommend staying away from the $30 Radio shack kinds of things.
There are plenty of good quality modulators out there (like Channel Plus) on the web. Ours (bocsco.com/virtualbocs.php) is a good choice if you also need wireless remote control bundled.
If you really need full HD, then a component video matrix like from avatrix is the normal way to go.

David Feller

dfeller

Auditioning
Real Name
David Feller
By the way, I've tried the ZeeVee product and it is very good...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks