What's new

Hey TV?? Did Those New BASH Amps Come In Yet?? (1 Viewer)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Shipped but not yet received. We're hoping tomorrow we'll see that 18 wheeler roll up.

If not, it's war with Canada, South Park style.

;^)

Ron

Charles_O

Auditioning
Well, I am hoping to get my new 20-39PCi before I go crazy but you are all ahead of me so far :frowning: :b.
Bob U
3254 tapping my foot in rhythm while I whistle along
I have order #3365 so it will be awhile. :frowning:
But at least I finally ordered :D :D

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
I know,I know...
The problem is...demand just keeps increasing and we really had no way to predict this. I think we've shipped more subs in the last 2 weeks,than we did in our first 6 months...and we did pretty good in the first 6 mouths:)
We are paying for 2 day shipping on everything(amps from canada,drivers from the west coast)at quite an expense... just to try to catch up with back orders as fast as we can.
We should begin shipping the PCi models out again in about 12 hours(Tuesday)...and within 4-5 business days(ish) we should be ALL caught up on all orders. From then on..we should have our supply chain ready to avoid any of these delays in the future. Unless demand doubles again in the next 3 months...then, I quit:)
TV

Charles_O

Auditioning
Wow, that means I might have my order in only slightly over two weeks (counting shipping time), I was figuring three weeks minimum and likely more!!!
Cool, and look at those posts ;) :b ,
I just hit 10, the BIG TEN, woohoo 10 whole posts and it only took me just slightly over a year :b :laugh: :laugh:
Well things seem to be looking better every day (since I am continuing to approach shipping day :) )
Thanks for the update.

John_VI

Second Unit
Oh CRAP! Don't tease me, TV. Plllleeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee don't tease me!

Let's see [pencil to paper]....if PCI's start shipping again today, then there's a decent chance mine could go out today or tomorrow [scribble, scribble]....UPS ground shipping from Ohio to NY [scribble]....carry the two....and....VIOLA! I should have my new sub early next week. BITCHIN!! I was afraid it was going to be the end of next week or even later.

Thanks a lot, Tom and Ron. Oh, and Tom? If you do quit, I'd be happy to swap jobs with you!!!

John_VI

Second Unit
Oh, and Tom? I know exactly what you mean regarding the supply situation for components and customer demand going thru the roof. I work in sales for a LARGE semiconductor manufacturer. We went thru a particularly nasty allocation period in the 2nd half of 2000, and I had daily (sometimes multiple times per day) conference calls with my customer and factory reps for six months. Demand just exploded and no one had any way of predicting it.
At least in your case, all of your customers (at least the ones I read about here) are waiting happily for your product. In my case in 2H2000, my customer (a very LARGE computer manufacturer) yelled at us every day for six months, even though we supported about 90% of their 100% demand upside. Nothing was ever good enough for them, and even though we came close to violating the laws of physics on a daily basis for them, I think I got about four thank-you's over that 6 month period.
So keep your chin up, my friend. Yours is a great problem to have, and everytime you ship a new sub, you create a new customer testimonial somewhere in cyberspace.
BTW, is SVS a public company? Listed on any stock exchange anywhere?

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Shipping snafu, we wont get the amps until WED, just a fyi so no one freaks out when they don't see a tracking number this afternoon.

TV

DennisMc

Grip
Ok, Let's all try to be very patient here. Come-on, Come-on, I need some bass...

Thank you Tom and Ron, for your (as usual) great customer service in keeping us up-to-the-minute on our orders.

DevinL

Grip
I've been telling the wife to hold off watching DVD's until I get the new sub. This was two weeks ago. Sigh, now she just thinks I'm delusional and doesn't want to spend anytime watching movies with her. Guess I'll spend another weekend measuring out the space for the sub (again).

Order #2932

John_VI

Second Unit
Oh well. Shipping snafu's do happen. As it turns out, it probably won't affect the receipt date of my sub at all, so it's no biggie for me.

Keep after 'em, Tom! Those component suppliers can be a real pain!! LOL!

Signed,

John_VI

Component Supplier (of a different sort)

Bradley Schmidt

Auditioning
Charles_O - It only took six days for my 16-46PCi to travel from Ohio to Seattle, two of which were transfers in Chicago and Seattle.

DevinL - Watch the DVDs now, and again after your sub arrives. That experience will strongly reinforce the wisdom of your purchase. I'm also doing that in anticipation of my Diva speakers (arriving Wednesday).

Those-of-you-who-will-be-hitting-"refresh"-every-five-minutes-at-the-UPS-tracking-website - If the sub is shipping west, it will probably go thru "CACH IL US" which is the Chicago Area Consolidated Hub (or something like that). You will probably NOT see any further scan activity until the sub arrives at your destination city. If you live way out, you may see one additional scan at a nearby large hub. So, don't freak, it's in a truck, driving thru the Great Plains.

All - If you've never had a sub (I hadn't), you really can't anticipate the feeling you'll get from the bass. It was, and is, a unique experience. It's nothing tacky, just distinctive.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Yes. The trickle will start back up immediately.

By next, week when we get a major shipment of the ISD woofers, the trickle will be come a flood, and then we'll finally be in a 1-2 day order/ship cycle again.

Not bad if you knew what the pre-order list for the PCi's looked like. Tom's crew has been kicking heiny for you all. That major component makers are having trouble keeping up at times ought to say something about the little 'ol OEM known as SVS ;^)

Ron

Jason_Ro

Agent
You wouldn't happen to be able to give out predictions on when you're expecting to ship ranges of orders would you?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks