What's new

Here's the latest on the Outlaw 950 (4/9) (1 Viewer)

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
The Outlaws just sent out an update to "the community." It has what I consider to be a significant point:

Once we resume production, we will do our best to catch up quickly through the continued use of air, rather than ocean freight to send units to our warehouse.
This means that they will spend additional money, not only to fix the problems (Obviously. They'd HAVE to do that.); but also to rely on more expensive air transport to help recover some of the lost time.

Hmmmm. A company that reduces (or eliminates) their profit margin to help maintain positive relationships with their customers. Sounds like something that inspires "freakish" loyalty.

Jack Kelsey

Agent
Will:

Not so sure what your question is - even if it seems somewhat rhetorical. It does seem that HTF is a rather 'organized' and 'logical' forum and may thus attract the same kind of 'no-nonsense' persona that also seem to be attracted to Outlaw.

It might make a good topic for a rather interesting MS thesis if the data of 'members' would be available and the ability to do and send out a top-quality questionnaire possible.

J

John Morris

It appears to be a hotter topic here than there, for some reason. Not sure why though.
Will: IMO, it just seems like both forums have grown up with emphasis on differnt areas. Just look at their names. AVS and HTF. Over at AVS, it seems to be a great place for questions and answers on tweaking and trouble shooting Digital projectors, HDTV and HTPCs. Here on HTF, we seem to deal more with the nuts and bolts' issues such as new products, what's the best product for me, and HT setup issues. As you know, I frequent and like 'em both, but for different reasons. Alot of forums are like that. If I want an ISF answer on my Pioneer HDTV, I go to TheSpot's ISF and Pioneer forums. If I want to discuss the image quality of the last HD Alias, I go to AVS HDTV Programming. If I want to discuss and compare the Outlaw 950 and the Rotel 1066, I come here. And any more, if I want to get in, or cause trouble, I go to HTT and yell at MK. ;)

John Cain

Second Unit
AVS is better for Video and HT Construction.

HTF is better for pre/pros, receivers, amps and speakers.

IMO..

-- John

I agree with your opinion on the forums, John Cain. They are both very good for their own reasons.

I am actually O.K. waiting this Outlaw thing out(sorry to you guys that have been so patient),but I am building a new house that won't be ready for a while. I am using a Denon AVR5600 now, but after following the vast amount of posts on the Outlaw stuff, I reserved a 950/770 combo in mid March. I think that this combo will be great for a dedicated theater.

Merc, I am not assuming that you are in the "know" about

the Outlaws shipping plans, but would you hazard a guess as to when I could expect mine? And do you think that a reservation this late would still get interconnects? BTW, you and the other beta guys have been great.Thanks.

Jason

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Jason:

I don't believe that the interconnects are included to anyone reserving a unit past December, per this quote from an Outlaw newsletter:

If you placed your reservation prior to December 25th you are eligible to receive our "thank you" bonus of a pair of PCA interconnects.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Bob_L
Maybe with all the delays they will be nice and give us late arrivals to the reservation list some free interconnects. I'm not holding my breath though :)
P.S.
Bob,
At least you have that Aragon amp to listen to until the 950 arrives.:emoji_thumbsup:

John Cain

Second Unit
I guess there has been no new word this week on the Outlaw's progress with fixing the 950's problems???

Week 1 of "the wait for a cure"..

-- John

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Funny you mention it. It happens that I was on the ride with my grandkids about the same time that Ron Epstein was reviewing the movie. The ride was spectacular! T2 meets back to the future and then some. A must see for everyone!!
I'd have to agree, Spiderman at Universal is an incredible ride. I also think I'm still recovering from that Fire Dragon...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.