What's new

Help with RCA MM52110 using(S)VGA inputs... (1 Viewer)

Dan_J

Auditioning
not sure where the appropriate section would be to post this, but here is my question. Is there anyone who knows whether there are certain video cards that are incompatible with the SVGA mode supported by the MM52110? I have a 750 mHz Athlon computer using an Nvidia GeForce 2 MX video adaptor that seems to work fine while in standard 800 * 600 and 640 * 480 60 Hz modes, but anytime I try to launch programs the screen scrambles. I tried attaching a laptop with an older video adaptor and it seems to work fine. Anyone else out there having this problem or, even better, a solution to it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gary King

Second Unit
I have the 32110, connected to an Athlon with a GeForce.
It works fine for 800x600 60hz, and 640x480 60 and 72hz. Any other mode (and some programs try to use other modes) fails. Make sure that you explicitly tell all your programs that change video resolutions to use one of those modes. SNES '9X, for example, defaults to something like 384x256, even if it's untested. When all else fails, registry and .INI file hacking can typically force programs to behave themselves.
DVDs are absolutely *gorgeous* in 800x600 resolution. I have a Panasonic A120 connected via component, and the difference is absolutely shocking. As soon as I get rid of a nasty ground-loop problem, I'll be in DVD heaven.
[Edited last by Gary King on October 20, 2001 at 10:43 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks