What's new

Help with HD Pack for XBox (1 Viewer)

Matt Lane

Agent
Just wondering once I connect the cables to the HD Pack and then to my TV will I have to make any other adjustments to the XB. Is there a switch (like some DVD Players) to toggle between I/P? Are there any other menu choices besides Widescreen that have to be made in the main menu.

I am at work or I would look at it myself and I am anxious to walk through the door tonight with this knowledge at hand....Thanks

Matt

Jeff O.

Stunt Coordinator
Matt,
Once you plug in the HD pack you will get additional choices on the dashboard for both video and audio. In the video section you can choose widescreen or normal, and then choose whether to enable 480, 720 and/or 1080. Also, in the audio setup section you will have the choice to enable the DTS and/or DD surround (if you have the digital/optical output hooked up). You have to make these adjustments to enable the features.
Jeff

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
one interesting thing I noticed is if you have the hd-pack, and set all specific settings, then take the xbox over a friends and hook it up via standard composite cables that come included..all of the settings revert back to "normal" for the time being. Almost like it memorizes settings for hd-pack and settings for standard composite cables.

pretty kool!! saved me the hassle of chaning all of my settings, then chaning them back once I got home!

Matt Lane

Agent
Jason That is good to know because I plan on switching between my HDTV and 32" tv now that I have two sets of cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks