What's new

Help with DTS ES Discrte 6.1 on a DENON 2803 (1 Viewer)

James_EJr

Auditioning
I just set up my system and when I play a DVD that has DTS ES Discrete 6.1(LOTR, Gladiator, etc.) the receiver recognizes the signal but no sound is output. All other modes seem to work except for this one, which happens to be the best. My DVD player has the DTS logo on it but could that be the problem? Thanks.

James_EJr

Auditioning
Yes, standard DTS 5.1 DVD's work and I can also get DTS-ES 6.1 Matrixed. The only mode that doesn't work is DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
If you are able to play standard DTS tracks, then the problem is not your player. There must be some setting in the receiver that needs to be adjusted. Since I'm not familiar with the Denons, I'll have to defer to those who are.

M.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Well there isn't much of a setting there since DTS ES Discrete completely relies on embeded flags,which according to the author is being reckognised by the receiver.
Since it "plays" everything else this must be a malfunction on the receiver.I would swap it if it's feasible.

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
In my Onkyo SR600, I can set the EX/ES flags to "on" as opposed to "auto". This way, DD5.1, DD-EX, DTS 5.1 & DTS-ES Matrixed/Discrete all get processed as 6.1. There has to be a similar setting on the Denon 2803.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Yes, there is but it won't make any difference.
Also if you read the first post he said that the receiver"reckognized" the bitstream,but no sound.

rin

Stunt Coordinator
On my 2802 I have to turn the back surround speaker on. Otherwise the 6.1 signal gets played as 5.1 but I don't know if this applies to the 2803.

rin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks