What's new

HELP!! No VOICE in Denon 2802 receiver! (1 Viewer)

Rodrigo

Auditioning
When I select Dobly Digital or DTS surround in my Denon 2802 receiver I hear music and sound effects but I hear no voice or very low voice. If I put it in Stereo or Direct surround mode it works fine. So my belief is that something is wrong with my receiver in DD or DTS surround. I was reading the manual and read a small section where it said that DD had a voice normalization effect that could be adjusted. Anyway I think someone accidentally messed with this effect and now I don't know how to undo this nor those the manual adequately explain. HELP!

Just if you need to know my dvd player is linked to my receiver throuh S-Video and Optical digital sound Cable. This problem had not previously occured and occured only when a friend messed with my settings.

Thanks

Mike Bledsoe

Stunt Coordinator
Rodrigo

The problem may be that you need to adjust your speaker levels. You have to adjust them so that they all sound the same from your main listening position. If that does not help send it in to be fixed

Mike Bledsoe

Rodrigo

Auditioning
It isn't the speaker levels, they all play the music and sound effects perfectly yet no voice, almost as in a karaoke mode.

Andrew Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Pierce
Do you have a center channel speaker? Does your amp know that you have/don't have a center speaker? Is it working properly? Is it turned all the way down?

Dialog is typically primarily anchored in the center channel. If you go to stereo mode, you force the center channel out the left and right speakers and then you can hear it, so that points to the problem being center related. However, you say 'direct surround' works, which sounds to me like that's removing all processing, so maybe your center is just adjusted way low, and so direct surrond bypasses that adjustment, then you can hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks