What's new

help needed by newcomer with Sanyo Pro-X projector (1 Viewer)

iann

Auditioning
Real Name
Ian
hello.

I'm new to the forum and projectors and i need help. I have a Sanyo Pro-X Multiverse Projector (model Number PLC-SE 10). It has been given to me and i understand it is 7 years old.

The problem is the image, even though its in focus, is slightly distorted. The colours don't converge with yellow to the left and red to the right. Is this an easy thing to repair and could some one give me step by step instructions as i am a newcomer.

Many thx Ian

THXTheSounds

Agent
Real Name
Cody
You can't expect much from a Sanyo especially a Sanyo 7 years old. I recommend a new projector. That being the case I recommend you get a screen. A good screen can make a shitty projector look good, while a bad screen can make a 10000 dollar projector look like crap. Sony SXRD projectors are pretty good for the money, that's what I recommend. I'm not incredibly knowledgeable with screens though, I've heard Draper is really good, they make custom screens.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The LCD panels probabaly need to be replaced, and it will cost more than it's worth. I hope it was given to you for free. Time for a new one.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Welcome to the forum, Trev.

This thread is almost four years old, unfortunately...

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks