What's new

Help: Need a few pointers for DVD burning.. (1 Viewer)

George_Omen

Auditioning
I want to do a couple things.

1) Convert VHS to DVD. I want the system to be computer based and not stand-alone DVD recorder based. I have talked to a friend who uses a Digital Video camera between the VCR and the Comp. to convert the signal. Is this really necessary? Please give a some pointers about setting up the most optimal system.

2) I want to duplicate a master DVDs which now has the VHS movie on it onto a couple of other DVDs. I am willing to get a duplicator. Whats the best way to set this syetm up?

I know these are very newbie type questions but please give me some help. I don't know where else to turn.

PS: Also whats a good place online to buy this equipment?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
And there's a current thread titled VHS to DVD on that/this forum. This comes up about once a week, so you can search for some of the older ones that cover other aspects.

If you want to make a handful of copies, you might be better of just burning them yourself. But for larger volumes, my understanding is that replicators now take DVD-Rs for masters. The classic way is with DLT (tape)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks