What's new

Help!!! My Toshiba 2109 has semi-died! (1 Viewer)

Teresa

Grip
I was able to play a dvd earlier today, but after I rented a couple of dvds, suddenly the player won't work. It will load dvds fine, but does not respond to the remote. Tried new batteries, and that wasn't it. Tried teaching another remote to see if the remote was sending out a signal or not, and the other remote appeared to learn it fine, so it *is* sending out a signal, but the player doesn't accept it.
Normally there is a beep after pressing any button on the remote, but now there is nothing. And without the remote, I can't select even *play* on the manual controls, since two of the three movies I rented require the "select" button to be pressed, which is only located on the remote itself.
Has this ever happened to anyone before? What can I do? I got it refurbished in Dec 99, so no warranty. No modifications have been made to it except the firmware upgrade prior to my purchasing it. Any help would be much appreciated!

Teresa

Grip
Happy day! Thanks, Wayne - it worked! Why it worked I've no clue. The only time anything remotely like this happened to me was because of a defective chip in a Sony vcr. Certain channels would cause it to freak out and power itself off (ABC and Toon Disney especially). It eventually fried itself. I'm hoping this won't happen to my dvd player! Right now I'm just thankful I've got my dvd player "back." Thanks again. :)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
You're welcome.
My 2109 has been essentially trouble-free. I think it freaked out once before but it was a long time ago, and unplugging it for a few minutes took care of it.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
A DVD player these days is basically a computer, so a reboot can help.
wink.gif

------------------
/Kimmo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks