What's new

Help me program my phone number back into my cell phone (1 Viewer)

ace peterson

Second Unit
Anyone around know how to program a number back into a cell phone? Yesterday my phone got wet and my number was wiped out. I can take it into the store in a few days when I have more time, but I thought I may get some useful help here. It is an Audiovox Airtouch phone. Everything else is still in the memory (other numbers, names, etc.) Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Do you know what the model is, ACE?

Or, if you could tell me what the top row and bottom row of your phone's keypad are, I can cross reference it.

(I work for a cell phone company.. I have a utility here)

ace peterson

Second Unit
Doug,

Yeah, I have the manual. It doesn't tell you how to do it in there, unfortunately. I guess they don't want people messing around with their phone numbers...

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, I wasn't able to post over the weekend.. so, if you still don't have it programmed... here you go:

Program Sequence:

Power On

Enter Access Code:

289 + Right Arrow + # + 1

"NAM1 Setting?" displays

Press right arrow

Normal: (10 digit mobile #) + Down Arrow

Press SEND To Write NAM and Exit Program Mode

ace peterson

Second Unit
Dave-

It didnt work. I got into the program mode OK but...

After I entered the NAM setting (10 digit number), it asked my for SID. This just listed 00000. Should I be putting something there?

When I turn it on, it says telephone number .

Then displays an 'error 02' message. I tried calling verizon support and they didn't even tell me as much as you already have. They said I dropped it and I need a new phone. Not true. It got wet is all.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Don't you love how the idiots at the support line always seem to know more than you?
"Look, the phone got wet, and now it's doing this."
"No, no, you must have dropped it."
"Dude, it's my phone, and I'm telling you, I didn't drop it. It simply got wet."
"That's not possible. You dropped it. You need a new one."
:angry: :angry: :angry:
You just want to beat them. Really, do they have some crystal ball where they see everything exactly like it didn't happen? What's wrong with these people?!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks