What's new

Help me identify this horror movie.... (1 Viewer)

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I remember seeing a movie on TV, probably in the mid to late 1970's, that really scared me as a kid.

The only scene I recall, though, was a scene where there were two (I think) figures in a hallway (perhaps in a dungeon), at least one of them was hooded, and one of them wanted to smoke a cigarette and asked for a light from the other one (the one asking for a light may have been in a cell, of some sort. I seem to remember bars....) Not long after this happens, I think something happened to one of them, he (she?) is killed in some horrible way (stabbed, strangled, garotted etc.)

Very fuzzy, I know (like so many other childhood memories).

Does anyone know what movie this is and whether or not it's been released on DVD?

Thanks in advance! :)

troy evans

Screenwriter
This sounds somewhat familiar. Was there a hippie cult theme to the movie and do you remember whether or not the main villian/ cult leader was a vampire? I remember a scene like this from a movie called " The Deathmaster".

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
No, I don't really recall anything else about the movie. If "The Deathmaster" aired on TV in the '70s, then it's possible it might be the one I'm thinking of.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Ok, so nearly 10 years after posting this I finally discovered which film this was....
"The Last Of Sheila" starring James Coburn, Richard Benjamin, Dyan Cannon, etc.
I just happened to catch it when it aired on TCM several weeks ago and the scene was remarkably close to the way I remembered it, considering that I was about 5 when it probably aired on TV and I'm now 46 (and I was 37 when I started this thread!) Holy crap!
Better late than never! ;-)
Ta!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks