What's new

Help me explain the concept of uspcaling DVD players and how it does 1080i. (1 Viewer)

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul

If this is the case, then I don't see a giant push for hi-def DVDs coming anytime soon (especially if they continue to improve the quality of the upscaling players). I know the forums get excited about hi-def DVD, but they also used to get excited over hi-res audio. (I'm very glad to have it, but the excitement factor has diminished for me in audio as it's now clear I'll have to keep buying standard CDs for quite some time to come, owing to the paucity of hi-res titles.)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
HD-DVD by far will produce a much better picture than upscaling players. The difference between Hi Resolution audio and HD-DVD is of course seeing is believing. I think we would appreciate more what we see than what we hear.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
good thread.

for a while, i had the samsung 931 upscaling to my mits 65" via dvi. the difference was subtle, but definitely an improvement.j6p doesn't care about *how* it works...just so long as it does. because of my personal observations, i always push the upconverting players. but i'm careful to be as objective as possible about the benefits they'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks