What's new

Help me choose! (1 Viewer)

Chris:-/OV

Stunt Coordinator
I have finally saved up the bucks to buy a projector and after doing my research and reading reviews I have narrowed it down to these:
1. Hitachi PJ-TX10 (Illumina)
2. Infocus 4805
3. Panasonic AE500

I will be watching mainly DVD's on the PJ (Zone 2 PAL discs)
and i watch a lot of movies so i'll need a PJ that is cheap and long lasting on the bulbs and the picture quality must be excellent. Ambient light is not a problem as I only watch movies at night. I easily pick up the rainbow effect so i'm a bit wary of the Infocus but i have read others don't see it on the 4805. But i'd rather be stuck with the screen door effect if that has to be the case. Please help me in choosing one that will give me optimum picture quality.
P.S.
Also which type of screen would be recommended. i want to build it myself so if anyone's got dimensions for building a 16:1 screen then let me know. (I'm so excited!!!)

Thanks for the help in advance (HTFM rocks)
Regards
Chris

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"if anyone's got dimensions for building a 16:1 screen then let me know. (I'm so excited!!!)"

That may be a little wide, 16:9 makes more sense though:D

My pick is the 4805, but just by what I've read. Get a chance to se something with a 4x wheel and see if you're OK.

B

Chris:-/OV

Stunt Coordinator
ooops, my bad!
i meant 16:9 (i was still waking up)
the PJ-TX10 sounds promising and i can get it at a good price so i hope there are others who have had good results with it

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
dimensions for a 16:9 screen? I guess that question answers itself... ;)

IT's a screen that's 16units wide for every 9 units tall. So you can lay around with sizes in that ratio. because you have a digital, it's fairly easy to get it home, and move it around and play around with how big a picture you want (issues like brightness, screen door, etc), and then build a proper screen of the size you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks