What's new

Help me - 1000$ on home theater wasted?! (1 Viewer)

Okay, so thanks everyone for your help here. I ended up exchanging the reciever for a new 5200. A thing to note, my old one was made in China, and the new one with a later serial number was made in Korea, looks like they switched plants. Let me say, THIS ONE ROCKS!!
I know my setup is a lot less than many on here, but I've never heard anything like it. The 6.1 is so sweet, it is unbelievable. NO hiss whatsoever on this unit, looks like i had a bad one to start with. The sound is absolutely incredible, and I recommend this setup to anyone who is looking for a good budget system.
My dealer, who is great, Stereoland in Mnpls, told me he called the Marantz rep and they are aware of the S-video problem. He said the Marantz rep said they are working on it and the later serial numbers shouldn't have a problem. He also said it was only a problem on the 5200's - so no need to worry Chris, your 6200 should be fine. I still have a tiny, barely noticible waves going on if I use the monitor out...that is the only out with a problem though, and it is the one needed for onscreen display. I may get a cheap s cable and send it from the monitor out to like one of the other s in's on the reciever, and then my dvd out to the dvd in, and then use the tv out s to the tv, so that i'm still running through the reciever and can just switch to one of the other video inputs for on screen display if i want that. I don't really need it other than initial setup.
That said I love this unit, and it sounds so incredible even though I was told i can exchange it for even later # serial #'s when they get the s video thing fixed I don't think I will b/c this sounds so good I don't even want to bother.
Oh, I also got the Radio Shack 1994 remote which rocks as well.
Thanks all for your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks