What's new

Help! I need a web calendar that allows users to input text... (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I have a web site for my band and I need a calendar program that will allow the band members the ability to put an X (or their name, or type some text) into a date.

Basically we'll be using this calendar to block out dates that members are unavailable for gigs so that our PR man can check the calendar and book our gigs without any scheduling issues.

Any ideas on something like that? It would be great if they could type in text (identifying who they are), but if that's too complicated, then I'm ok with just some sort of X'ing out of a particular date.

Ideas?

p.s. I've surfed the Javascript sites and really have never come across anything like this before.

Cary_H

Second Unit
Wouldn't Outlook do the trick?
You'd all just have to show your available dates as appointments/meetings and send them out to the other band members and manager as invitees requesting their replies.
Everyone could 'accept' the days they can make and 'refuse' dates they can't.
I keep track of all scheduling for my staff at work with Outlook and keep my boss in the know with every change/update I input.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Cary, most of the band members are VERY computer illiterate. I would have to actually teach them how to use Outlook. In fact, I don't even know how so it seems like more of a hassle than anything. I just thought there may be an easy java script that would allow users to X out dates on a calendar (that everyone else could also see).

It's actually not too big of a deal because I just created a calendar with tables (in HTML) and will X out the dates manually.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks