1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help Finding Universal Remote Control

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by JohnWyn, Mar 14, 2004.

1. JohnWyn

JohnWyn Auditioning

Hello All,

I am searching for a Universal Remote (Similar to the Pronto TSU's) that will control RF equipment. If anyone is aware of one, please let me know.

Thanks,

John

2. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

If you're looking for a universal remote that will control RF-controlled devices, there is no such animal. All RF-capable universal remotes use RF to communicate with their RF base stations, which convert the RF to IR. Such universals include the Philips Pronto TSU3000, 6000 and 7000 with the RFX6000 base station and the Home Theater Master MX-600 and 800. There are others as well.

3. Abe Rodrigue

Abe Rodrigue Stunt Coordinator

Anyone ever heard of harmony remotes? They look pretty cool. Web site is harmonyremote.com

4. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

Yes, there's a thread about the Harmony SST-659 here. However, they are not RF.

5. JohnWyn

JohnWyn Auditioning

Thanks for the input guys... I acutally found some IR codes that are supposed to work with the Bose Lifestyle systems. I'll try them with the Pronto TSU3000 I was originally thinking of using and let you know.

6. JohnWyn

JohnWyn Auditioning

PS. It's not my bose system, and no matter how hard I tried I can't convince the owner to give it up. Oh well, his loss.