What's new

Help! Cant play Mac-Made .mov file in windows! (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I made this video for my infotech class with adobe premier 4 on iMACS

Well i got my teacher to burn it onto a CDRW, and so i bring it home, but NOTHING will play it.. WindowsMediaPlayer 6.4 wont, Quicktime 5 wont, even Adobe Premier 6 for Windows cant recognize it! Help, whats wrong???

I tried converting it to AVI and MPEG, but didnt work...

Can anybody with a mac and broadband mind downloading the 230MB file and seeing if it works on theirs? I can open up an FTP conneciton to my computer...

Thanks alot!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Check what codec you rendered it under. That might be the problem (codec not on your windows machine)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I just clicked 'make movie' in Premier.. what codec does Adobe Premier use???

I rendered it in 640x480, and captrued the video from DV...

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Okay, i set up an FTP, and ill leave it on for the rest of the night if anybody can help.

It would be even better If they could convert it to an MPEG-1 format with approximately the same quality as i had in the source MOV file, then transfer it back to my FTP? I set it so you can upload.

heres the info:

142.179.13.138 port 21

user: htf

pass: nickso

the filename is 'nickjord.mov'

thnks alot

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Whoevers downloading the movie off my ftp, thakns alot, i hope the speeds are good enough :)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Nick,

I'm downloading it, but 30k for a nearly 300mb movie will take awhile.

Anyway, how did you save this? I'm not too familiar with Adobe Premier. When you went to save it, what options did you choose? My first guess is that you saved the file without making it self-contained. That would create a forked file, which the Mac would handle fine, but everything else would be really grumpy about.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Another thing to check is your Quicktime install. Use the installer and pick "custom" or the equivalent. There are a fews extra install packages like QT Java, etc. One option may actually be the dv codec you need.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Nick,

Not sure whats up with your movie. Perhaps its just plain ol' corrupted. I can't open it with anything on my Mac.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
you do it when you go "make movie". Go into the details, and where you choose what kind of file is there is a button marked "configure". You choose your codec in there

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
When i did MAKE MOVIE, i set the audio/video settings, but i did not notice or change anything in terms of the codec...

Ill try reinstalling quicktime...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks