Hello, My Name Is Jim, And I Can't Stop Watching My TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Edward, Apr 15, 2002.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

My Toshiba 57HX81 is 3 weeks and 3 days old. The picture, as I slowly tweak it to perfection, just keeps getting better. I'm at work now and can't wait to go home and watch it some more. I put shades on all the windows so I can block out the light during the day, and I wish it were winter again.

My wife tried to declare yesterday a 'no TV' day, and I made it till 5 o'clock. I threw in 'Desperado' and watched the bar gunfight. Tonight is 'Spy Game'.

I was planning an ISF calibration soon, but money has run out for now. When I do have that done, I don't know if I'll ever leave the house.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

"Hello, my name is Jim and I can't stop watching my 57HX81."

"Hi, Jim!"

3. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

Hello, my name is Steve and I'm a Tosh-a-holic. I have a 10-day old 50H81 and I'm obsessed with watching it and constantly tweaking it. I perform a 56 pt. convergence almost every day, even though I know my set doesn't have 100 hours under it's belt and the convergence will drift. Only 39 hours to go, then the heavy tweaking begins!

4. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

SteveA: Tosh-a-holic. I like that.
    New movie: Days Of Widescreen and Roses [​IMG]

5. Guy Kuo

Guy Kuo Supporting Actor

Easy fix ---- Spend more time reading the HT forums so you won't expend as much time actuallly in front of the TV

6. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Go buy some new audio gear to play with[​IMG] Maybe that will pull you away from the tv[​IMG]

7. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Just wait till you get HDTV. I find myself watching the dumbest stuff (Days of Our Lives, anyone?) and being enthralled by the picture.

This too, will pass.

8. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

I think I'm going to get a directview HDTV set, maybe I won't have these "problems" you guys have.....

-ELmO

9. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Jim, sounds like your ready for an ISF treatment. Then, you really won't ever stop watching your TV.

Peace Out~

10. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

So, does the Toshiba do backflips or something? I tried watching my Mitsubishi and all it does is sit there. Maybe if I gave it a toy or something...

Seriously, glad to hear you are enjoying your equipment.

Bruce