HDTV box acting strange

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry Proud, Apr 1, 2001.

1. Larry Proud

Larry Proud Auditioning

I have a Mitsu SD-HR5 STB hooked to a Mitsu 55907. When watching OTA HDTV my picture will have intermittent wavy lines and/or split screen similar to electrical interference,then the picture goes black but I still have audio. I can change channels and the picture comes back on but still has the same problem, also the letters in the info header have red shadows. When I go to the 64 point convergence the red and blue is way off. If I go to the factory reset it does no good. If I turn the STB off while in the 64 point convergence the screen goes black for a second and comes back on with perfect convergence. If I turn the STB back on the convergence goes to hell again. Any ideas?
    Larry

2. Scott Gilbert

Scott Gilbert Stunt Coordinator

I have the mitz hooked up to my pioneer 710, I had wavy lines in my picture in the beginning I replaced the component cables and everything was fine. Your problem sounds more then a simple cable problem. Are you running your cables from the Sat receiver to the TV directly? I have heard that some Amp/Receivers do have component video switching but really do not have the band width for HDTV. I run my component cables direct and then the S/Video does patch through my Amp/receiver. When this happens can you switch to the S/video? is it happening on S/video? Also have you checked your signal strength meeter when this happens?
    Good luck

3. Larry Proud

Larry Proud Auditioning

Thanks for the reply, I traced my cables for a loose or bad connection and found out what the problem was. I had installed a Rat Shack adjustable attenuator to the red cable to eliminate "Red Push" and the attenuator was the problem.
    Thanks,
    Larry