What's new

HDTV box acting strange (1 Viewer)

Larry Proud

Auditioning
I have a Mitsu SD-HR5 STB hooked to a Mitsu 55907. When watching OTA HDTV my picture will have intermittent wavy lines and/or split screen similar to electrical interference,then the picture goes black but I still have audio. I can change channels and the picture comes back on but still has the same problem, also the letters in the info header have red shadows. When I go to the 64 point convergence the red and blue is way off. If I go to the factory reset it does no good. If I turn the STB off while in the 64 point convergence the screen goes black for a second and comes back on with perfect convergence. If I turn the STB back on the convergence goes to hell again. Any ideas?
Larry

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Scott Gilbert

Stunt Coordinator
I have the mitz hooked up to my pioneer 710, I had wavy lines in my picture in the beginning I replaced the component cables and everything was fine. Your problem sounds more then a simple cable problem. Are you running your cables from the Sat receiver to the TV directly? I have heard that some Amp/Receivers do have component video switching but really do not have the band width for HDTV. I run my component cables direct and then the S/Video does patch through my Amp/receiver. When this happens can you switch to the S/video? is it happening on S/video? Also have you checked your signal strength meeter when this happens?
Good luck

Larry Proud

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply, I traced my cables for a loose or bad connection and found out what the problem was. I had installed a Rat Shack adjustable attenuator to the red cable to eliminate "Red Push" and the attenuator was the problem.
Thanks,
Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks